When the prize dropped rapidly, I recently changed my beloved Motorola Defy+ with a Google (LG) Nexus4. Though I am fully satisfied with my new phone I really have to say that I quite loved my Defy+ and I always thought that it is a sad fact that Motorola literally disappeared from the German market since it was bought by Google.
Yesterday Motorola now announced a new smartphone that will be available also in Germany soon. It will be named “Moto G” and the 8GB version can already be preordered through Amazon.
Motorola already has given the following technical specs for the Moto G:
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8x26 Quad-Core A7 1,2 GHz (Adreno 305 450MHz GPU)
- Memory: 8 GB LPDDR2 (16GB model available)
- 1280 x 720 HD, 329 ppi (Slightly higher than iPhone5s)
- OS: Android 4.3 (Update to 4.4 said to come during January 2014)
- Rear Facing Camera: 5 MP (4:3) / 3,8 MP (16:9)
- Front Facing Camera: 1.3MP
- Data Connectivity:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- HSPA+ DL: 21,1 Mbps / UL: 5,76 Mbps:
- Bands- UMTS: 850/900/1700/1900/2100 GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
- Battery: 2070 mAh
- Weight: 143 g
- Size: 65,9 x 129,9 x 11,6 mm (6,0 mm on the thinnest parts)
For as low as 169.- EUR this seems to be quite a good deal, especially for everyone who wanted to buy the Nexus4 but unfortunately didn’t get one during the sellout.
Go for it!