When the prize dropped rapidly, I recently changed my beloved Motorola Defy+ with a Google (LG) Nexus4. Though I am fully satisfied with my new phone I really have to say that I quite loved my Defy+ and I always thought that it is a sad fact that Motorola literally disappeared from the German market since it was bought by Google.
Motorola already has given the following technical specs for the Moto G:
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8x26 Quad-Core A7 1,2 GHz (Adreno 305 450MHz GPU)
- Memory: 8 GB LPDDR2 (16GB model available)
- 1280 x 720 HD, 329 ppi (Slightly higher than iPhone5s)
- OS: Android 4.3 (Update to 4.4 said to come during January 2014)
- Rear Facing Camera: 5 MP (4:3) / 3,8 MP (16:9)
- Front Facing Camera: 1.3MP
- Data Connectivity:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- HSPA+ DL: 21,1 Mbps / UL: 5,76 Mbps:
- Bands- UMTS: 850/900/1700/1900/2100 GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
- Battery: 2070 mAh
- Weight: 143 g
- Size: 65,9 x 129,9 x 11,6 mm (6,0 mm on the thinnest parts)
For as low as 169.- EUR this seems to be quite a good deal, especially for everyone who wanted to buy the Nexus4 but unfortunately didn’t get one during the sellout.
Go for it!